Sunday, January 14, 2007

Iam BACK....Maybe

OMG, I didn't realise it has been so long since I last Blogged!!! Why Maybe, cause I am a really bad blogger anyway, never seem to have the time to update, but it has been nagging me lately

So, what has happened since JUNE 2006, well;

1. I turned 40! in August.

2. Rachel celebrated her 3rd birthday, also August.

3. Samantha celebrated her 2nd birthday in November.

4. Little sister is expecting baby #2 any day now, wishing it's a girl, I have so many hand-me-downs to give her. But will not be disappointed if it is another boy. My elder sisters' son will be so happy if it is another boy, you see, out of 6 cousins, he has only 2 male cousins (one on either side) and 1 sister (older). He is feeling a little overrun.

5. Bought my Panasonic FZ50 camera!!! Still trying to master it and as yet have not downloaded any photos from it. Must do that soon.

Now, back to Samantha, she gave me the biggest fright I have had as a mother last Sunday. I was in the back of the house, hanging up clothes in Rachel's room when Michaela yell out that Sam was choking!!! OMG. I ran to the lounge room so see her trying to bring something up and gagging. After a few seconds of panic and making the mistake to hitting her on the back (big No No these days), I then instinctively put my finger in her mouth and popped out a 5 cent piece!

Poor little might was shaking and taking deep breaths after this and so was I. Took me a full 3 hours to calm down and boy did I watch her like a hawk for the next 24 hours. I was even scared to put her to bed in her own room. Well, she developed the hiccups the next day and as a precaution, made an appointment to see our GP the Wednesday. He gave her a good prod and poke and listened to her lungs etc. I didn't know how many she had in her mouth and I was only able to get one out. The Dr said by rule of thumb, if she can swallow it, she can pass it!

Doesn't it just put the wind up you when things like this happen to our kids!

I have not scrapped in MONTHS, not since the online class at Scrapneed that Roz James did. I did spend some money though, finally made the decision between Fiskars Shape Cutter and Coluzzle, I bought the Coluzzle - haven't used it yet, as I am moving my scrap space from the office to our bedroom. This means a smaller space and Ian is yet to put the shelves. I also need a lamp. There is less room to store my cardstock and PP's. Would love to have a space like Carol-Lee's. Will post a photo of the new space when it is finished. I have also been thinking about buying my own laptop.

I am looking forward to the last two weeks of January as I will be on holidays. Hope to pop down the coast for a day trip with the kids, Rachel has to go into hospital to have her teeth filled as she is too scared to have it done in the surgery, there goes $3000.

Well, that is it for a quick update. Hope everyone had a great New Year and here's to 2007.

Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home